Below is our recent Call for Proposals for a Conference Coordinator for the upcoming Traditional Foods Conference. You can forward any inquiries or proposals to Victoria Watts (info below).
Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council
AHOUSAHT MOWACHAHT/MUCHALAHT TLA-O-QUI-AHT
DITIDAHT NUCHATLAHT TOQUAHT
EHATTESAHT HUPACASATH TSESHAHT
HESQUIAHT HUU-AY-AHT UCHUCKLESAHT
Request for Proposals
The Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council in partnership with Vancouver Island and Coastal Communities Indigenous Foods Network (VICCIFN) is seeking proposals from interested individuals, to provide coordination services for Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council hosting the 5th Annual Traditional Foods Conference. The gathering incorporates four parts of Traditional Foods: Health/Nutrition, Safety, Healing, Community, and integrates Indigenous science/knowledge together with “western science”.
Terms and Conditions for Proposal Development
The Contractor will have considerable knowledge of the Nuu-chah-nulth and Vancouver Island communities and culture.
The Contractor will have their own vehicle and be willing and able to travel to remote communities on the west coast of Vancouver Island and other locations as required.
The Contractor will sign an Oath of Confidentiality in relation to the information to which he/she will have knowledge and access.
The Contractor will be accountable to, and report to the NTC Manager of Health Promotion and Social Development Program, Victoria Watts. The Contractor will provide services as outlined below:
- Work in collaboration with VICCIFN Conference Planning Members and NTC, and other partners providing coordination and support.
- Assist in coordinating arrangements for the 5th Annual Traditional Foods Conference such as venues, catering, advertising, agendas, materials for gathering, and publication materials for conference follow up and final report.
- Identify and record VICCIFN Conference Planning Members decisions and action items; report on the status of decisions and action items to the NTC Health Promotion and Social Development Manager.
- Create and maintain all aspects of file maintenance in both print and digital copies related to the 5th Annual Traditional Foods gathering related correspondence, minutes, decisions, action items, legal documents, reports, presentations, and other information and media.
- Serve as a point of contact for the NTC, Nuu-chah-nulth Nations and VICCIFN and follow-up with inquiries or requests as necessary; coordinate information as requested by the Nations.
At this time it is estimated that the Conference coordination services will require 25 days. Interested individuals should respond to the contact person below by 4:30 PM June 22, 2012 with a minimum of the following information:
- Cover letter indicating skills, knowledge, equipment and ability to meet the conditions specific to the coordination services being requested.
- Contact information.
- Provide three references.
- Fee for service.
Deadline for Proposals: 4:30 pm, June 22, 2012
Submit Proposals to: Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council
Department: Health Promotion and Social Development
Attention: Victoria Watts
Address: P.O. Box 1383
Port Alberni, B. C. V9Y 7M2